September 21, 2002

Ok, found the cause for the category assignation problem and it will be fixed in the next release. I’ve also found the cause for a few other rare problems in Blog 7.0 and fixed them but there are a couple more that continue to elude me – mostly because I can’t reliably duplicate them. One is the “List Index Out of Bounds” error which suddenly seems to crop up. It seems to be somehow date related since the people who had this problem either posted an entry for a future date or posted an entry for the past and changed the date or something … I just can’t reproduce it. The other one is an error that I came across myself but don’t know what causes it except for the fact that it has something to do with customized snippets. I’ve noticed that when you come out of the snippet customization dialog, the save button gets enabled even if you have not done any entry changes. Then, when this particular error occurred, all I had to do was move the cursor over the toolbar area to get an AV (Access Violation error …) – I’ll have to investigate that one a bit more before the next release.

Coding has been sort of slow since a lot of things have been happening in my personal life. Things are chaotic at the moment but bear with me and the next release will be out as soon as I identify the bugs and squish them.

Be Sociable, Share!
Tags: General
Posted by Fahim at 5:44 am   Comments (1)