March 30, 2001

Scope Changes

OK the includes work great! So here’s the low down on the new release 🙂 The new release replaces the toolbar bitmaps with sinesolis’s great graphics and it also adds status icons to the browser tabs. Now the blank,loading and loaded but not viewed icons are straightforward. But once you view a page, I set the icon to display which engine is in use for that tab. Now I opted for the option as in this image:
but there is also this other set of icons that sinesolis did:
If most of the users like the latter, I might change the icons later on.

So what else has changed? Hmm … I changed the internal code for the menu bar so that the min/restore/close buttons were re-implemented for maximized MDI child windows. I have since heard that closing the last window causes certain graphical problems with this code but I am too tired to code just now and am releasing the build as it is since I’ve been using this build for about a day now and it works fine generally 🙂 Read the history.txt file if you want all the details as to what has changed …

Posted by Fahim at 4:48 pm  |  No Comments

Blogger With SSI

The Blogger post screen looks as it used to before I installed IE 6.0 preview now. I don’t know, maybe the updates to the server somehow fixed that too … A friend of mine suggested that I should set up a Known Defects page for Scope and that reminded me that there’s another page I’ve been meaning to set up for Scope – a user testimonials page 🙂 I guess, I’ve been putting things off for too long again …

I just converted the header and the footer of this page into SSI as well so that I will not have to modify the Blogger template too much in the future. I intend to start working on the other stuff (Known Defects and User Testimonials) tomorrow … For today, I think I’ll just rest and watch TV <g>

Posted by Fahim at 2:05 pm  |  No Comments

Blogger Troubles

I wanted to release Scope 1.0 PR3 today but Blogger’s been down most of the morning – then it did come up but I had to go off for a while and now I’m trying to get SSI (Server Side Includes) working on Tripod as well as my two mirror sites so that I can detach the side-bar (where the download link is) from the main body of posts. If that works, then I shall start the release going after that 🙂

Posted by Fahim at 1:48 pm  |  No Comments