RenX is a shell-extension which provides extended renaming capabilities.
It allows you to select a list of files in Windows Explorer, right-click
to get the context menu, select Extended Rename from the menu to get a
set of extended renaming options. You can change either the file name
or the file's extension (but not both together) in a variety of different
- The ability to replace a specific pattern (multiple times if necessary)
in the file name or the extension - great for removing underlines and
replacing them with spaces.
- The ability to create a numbered sequence of names - with options
to specify the starting number, increment as well as how many digits
- The ability to add a prefix to all selected file names.
- The ability to add a suffix to all selected file names.
- Is there a way to rename a combination of file name and extension?
Currently this is not possible. You can rename either the
filename or the extension or both individually but not both combined.
Copyright © 2001-2002 Fahim