Nailer was originally written specially for my girlfriend since she installed
an online album program but couldn't find a program which would create
thumbnails from her images and upload them via FTP. Of course, there were
multiple programs around that would create an HTML album complete with
thumbnails from a given set up images and there were even programs around
which would upload the HTML album, the originals and the thumbnails via
FTP but nothing which would simply create thumbnails and upload the original
and the thumbnails without uploading an HTML file as well. So I coded
Nailer to do the job and then added some extra options to make the image
processing do a bit more than simply create thumbnails and upload them.
- The ability to create thumbnails from images selected from all over
your hard disk.
- The option to create specific sized thumbnails or to create thumbnails
which retain the aspect ratio of the original image.
- The ability to create thumbnails which are a specific ratio in site
to the original image.
- The option to copy all the thumbnails to a location on your hard disk
and optionally, to copy the originals to the same location or a different
- The option to create thumbnails which are a different graphic format
than the orignal image.
- The option to upload the thumbnails and originals to an FTP server
and optionally to load the originals to one location and the thumbnails
to another location.
- The screen freezes while an FTP upload is in progress. Is this
a bug? This is due to the FTP component used by Nailer. Even though
the screen seems to freeze, you should see that the progress bar usually
continues to update showing that the file is uploading fine. Once one
file is done uploading, the screen will refresh but will again seem
to freeze for the next file upload - except for the progress bar.
Copyright © 2001-2002 Fahim