Ugh .. it’s raining outside and I hate driving on days like this – it looks like something out of a horror movie at times :p Anyway, I got quite a bit done on Scope yesterday. I did figure out how to get through all the pre-compilation problems I had with Scope and got it to a state where I could begin work on it again. I had tried my existing version of Scope with Mozilla 0.9.6 and it seemed to work fine but once I recompiled Scope with the new type library for Mozilla 0.9.6, it began crashing consistently :p I still haven’t looked into the cause of the crashes though since I will need to do some extensive debugging and I don’t have the time to do so during the week – probably this weekend.
Instead, I started working on the annoying problem with the auto-completion on the address bar. While working on that, I figured out how to turn on a feature that I really like about IE (though a lot of people do seem to hate it <g>) – forms auto-completion 🙂 That was one of the few things I missed from IE though I’ve been using Scope as my default browser for ages – now even that is there :p The address bar problem didn’t turn out to be that simple however. I was able to figure out a way to modify the source for the IEAddress component that I was using so that I could toggle auto-suggest and auto-complete for the address bar on the fly but the results didn’t seem to be consistent all the time. I began to wonder whether the problem lay with the MS autocomplete API call or with the IEAddress component and so began working on a test application which would use the MS autocomplete API without using the IEAddress component – still working on it … Hopefully, that should provide some answers.
Incidentally, sinesolis did some great new icons for both Scope and Blog while I was away on vacation – thanks again for the great icons, sinesolis! So I included the new icons in Scope and since they are slightly smaller than the once that were there before (16×16 instead of 20×20), the toolbar is smaller and (at least to me ..) looks much better 🙂 I just need to get a few more things working and hopefully before the end of the year there will be a new version of Scope out – and about time too since I notice that the last release was sometime in July :p